Day 1 -
Arrive in Calicut and our representative will receive you at railway station and take you to Edakkal(2h), check-in to resort. Relax and enjoy the terrific view from the resort in the mountain ranges. Visit the edakkal caves which is less than 1Km away. The new stone age pictorial writings on the walls of these natural caves at Edakkal are the evidence of the civilizations that existed in the regions in the pre-historic times. The view from there is also spectacular. Back to hotel, stay overnight.
Day 2 -
After breakfast, check out from the resort. T
ravel to Kuruva island, towards the north of Wayanad. This calm and peaceful 950 acres of uninhabited, evergreen forest on the tributaries of east flowing river Kabani is an ideal picnic spot, far away from the disturbances of city life.
The wooded land is a home to rare species of birds, orchids and herbs. Occasionally, wild mammals can be observed by the riverside.
Visit the Thirunelli temple (optional), nestled amidst mountains and forests, it’s an ancient riverside temple. A short walk from Thirunelli temple is the clear mountain spring known as Papanasini A ritual dip here is believed to wash one away of all worldly sins.
Then to a serene location near Panamaram, where your homestay(independent cottage) is arranged. Overnight stay
Day 3 -
After breakfast go for boating in Pookot lake This freshwater lake is one of the most popular tourist spots of North Kerala.
Boating (pedal boats and row boats) along the wide placid lake in the lush high range setting is an enchanting experience.
A long walk along the path that goes all round the lake is indeed tremendously relaxing. There are many special shops where you can buy top quality spices. After lunch, we will drop you back at Calicut Railway station
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Parking and Toll tax
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by private car
- Transfer & sightseeing by A/c Vehicle Depending on number of pax.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis
- (depending on the availability )
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
About The Place:
Wayanad is a magical destination nestled deep in the laps of green-carpeted hills. Experience the best of nature on this trip.
Start your tour by getting picked up from Calicut and transferred to Edakkal. Visit the historic Edakkal Caves.
Travel to Kuruva island, towards the north of Wayanad. This calm and peaceful 950 acres of uninhabited, evergreen forest on the tributaries of east flowing river Kabani is an ideal picnic spot.
Visit the Thirunelli temple, nestled amidst mountains and forests.
Stay in a beautiful independent cottage homestay in the serene location of Panamaram.
Conclude your tour by getting dropped to the Calicut Railway Station.
- September - ( Offseason )
- March to October - ( Peak Season )
- December to March - ( Mid Peak season )
- Indian Rupee
- Hindi / English
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription