Day 01: Arrive Delhi
Meet on arrival at Airport and transfer to hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Delhi - Agra
After breakfast drive to Agra. En-route visit Mathura, Vrindavan and Sikandra. Arrive Agra transfer to hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 03: Agra - Varanasi (Overnight train)
Early morning visit Taj Mahal at sunrise. Breakfast at hotel, later visit Agra fort. Evening transfer to Railway station for Varanasi. Overnight at board.
Taj Mahal, the pinnacle of Mughal architecture, was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan (1628-1658), grandson of Akbar the great, in the memory of his queen Arjumand Bano Begum, entitled 'Mumtaz Mahal'. Mumtaz Mahal was a niece of empress Nur Jahan and granddaughter of Mirza Ghiyas Beg I'timad-ud-Daulah, wazir of emperor Jehangir.
Day 04: Arrive Varanasi
Morning meet on arrival at Railway station and transfer to hotel, (We may get rooms after 12:00 hrs, but would try to get few rooms at least to wash & change) Later Visit SARNATH (where Buddha delivered his first sermon). Then city tour and some shopping in Varanasi, Overnight stay at hotel.
Sarnath enjoys the extraordinary privilege of Lord Buddha delivering his first sermon after attaining enlightenment 2500 years ago. It is about 10 km from Varanasi and holds a number of Buddhist sites that include the famous Dhamekh Stupa, the seat of the holy 'Buddha'. You can also visit the ruins of Dharmarajika Stupa and Mulagandha Kuti Temple, where Lord Buddha is said to have rested and meditated while in Sarnath. The Ashoka Pillar built by the emperor Ashoka is a must see in Sarnath. The Lion Capital on top of this pillar is now the National Emblem of India and stands apart for its excellent artistry and carvings.
Day 05: Varanasi - Bodhgaya
Early morning drive 8 hours to Bodhgaya. Arrive Bodhgaya transfer to hotel. Afternoon visit Mahabodhi Temple & Bodhi Tree, Great Buddha Statue, Niranjana River, Sujata Temple - which is across the Niranjana River & it's 30 minutes walk through the paddy fields. Also visit various other Buddhist Temples in Bodhgaya. Evening transfer to hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Bodhgaya is one of the most important and sacred Buddhist pilgrimage center in the world. It was here under a banyan tree, the Bodhi Tree, Gautama attained supreme knowledge to become Buddha.
Day 06: Bodhgaya - Kushinagar
Early morning drive to Kushinagar with hot lunch on way. On arrival checkin at hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Located at 55 km from Gorakhpur, Kushinagar is the place where the Lord Buddha uttered his last words "Behold now, brethren, I exhort you, saying, decay is inherent in all component things! Work out your salvation with diligence!" and left for the heaven. A temple dedicated to the event - the Mahaparinirvana temple, stands testimony to the mournful demise. Among the various Stupas of Kushinagar, Rambhar Stupa needs your exploration for it is the place where Lord Buddha was supposedly cremated.
Day 07: Kushinagar - Lumbini
Morning after breakfast visit Mahaparinirvana Temple (where Buddha took his last breathe) and Rambhar Stupa (cremation site of lord Buddha), Japan Temple.
Afternoon drive 5 hrs to Lumbini (Nepal). While going to Lumbini, stop at India/Nepal border for Visa/Immigration formalities. Later check-in at Hotel. 15 Min. drive from the Nepal Border. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 08: Lumbini - Sravasti
Noon visit Lumbini, the Birth place of Lord Buddha. Afternoon drive to Sravasti. On arrival checkin at hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Sravasti situated 134 km from Lucknow and 29 km from Balrampur, Sravasti, the capital of the ancient kingdom of Kosala, has the honour for sheltering Buddha for 24 rainy seasons in the Jetavana Gardens. It is sacred to Buddhists because it is here that Lord Buddha performed the Tirthika heretics.
Day 09: Sravasti - Lucknow
Morning visit Sravasti, where Buddha spent his 24 monsoons, visit Jetavana and Ananda Bodhi Tree, later drive to Lucknow. Arrive Lucknow transfer to Railway station for Delhi. Overnight at board.
Day 10: Arrive - Delhi - Departure
On arrival at Delhi railway station meet with our representative and transfer to the hotel for fresh-n-up. Later city sightseeing tour of Old & New Delhi. In the evening transfer to the airport to board the flight for onward destination.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Summer:Lasting from April to June
- Rainy:July to Sep
- Winter:December to March
- Indian Rupee
Hindi / English
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription
For Departure Dates just call 7350530009 / 7350540009 / 7350550009
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
• Accommodation on double sharing basis
• Daily breakfast
• All applicable govt taxes
• Ac vehicle for all transfers & intercity travel
• English speaking guide during the city tour
• Ac train ticket from Agra – Varanasi, Lucknow - Delhi
• All the arrival and departure transfer with company representative
• Complete transportation with an English speaking chauffer
• Driver Allowance
• Toll Taxes and Parking
• State taxes
• All the currently applicable taxes
• Monument fees
• Meals except then breakfast
• Tips, Laundry, Phone calls
• Any other expenses not mentioned above.
Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
Admire the stunning structural design and take glimpse of art collections, Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour is a superb trip of great moral importance. Our packages include various Buddhist sites like Varanasi, Bodhgaya, Kushinagar, Sravasti and Lucknow. The journey offers you the opportunity of knowing the life story of Lord Buddha also known as Siddhartha Gautama. All these Buddhist sites are matchless in their own way. Take up the best package and experience tranquility, peace and Buddhist teachings.