Day 01: Arrive Bhubaneswar - Puri Konark Sun Temple
Meet on arrival at Bhubaneswar Airport / Railway Station and straight drive to Puri. On arrival at Puri check-in at hotel. Later excursion of Konark Sun Temple. In the evening visit to Jagannath Temple. Overnight stay at hotel.
Konark Temple: The UNESCO world heritage site, this temple of Sun God was constructed in the 13th century. It has been in ruins for centuries but until the early 1900's it was simply an interesting ruin of impressive size. Then the debris and sand was cleared from around the temple base and the sheer magnitude of its architect's imagination was revealed. The entire temple was conceived as a chariot for the sun God, Surya. Around the base of the temple there are 24 gigantic, carved stone wheels, seven mighty horses haul at the temple and the immense structure is covered with carvings, sculptures, figures. If the temple was completed it would have soared to 70 meters high. Three images of Surya still stand and are designed to catch the sun at dawn, at noon and at sunset.
Day 02: Puri - Chilka Lake - Puri (55 kms one way)Konark Sun Temple
After breakfast go for excursion of Chilika Lake - the Asia's largest brackish water lagoon which attract one million migrate birds. It is the largest wintering ground for migratory birds on the Indian sub-continent. The lake is home to a number of threatened species of plants and Animals. The Lake is an ecosystem with large fishery resources. It sustains more than 150,000 fisher - folk living in 132 villages on the shore and islands.
After a trip of Satapada Island for the famous Irrawaddy Dolphin & other birds visit to Raghurajpur Artisan village where absolutely crafted handicrafts, pattachitra (Tussar paintings, palm leaf engravings, stone and wood carvings, wooden, cowdung and papiermache toys, and masks an art form dates back to 5BC) made of pure organic stuff are made in each family. Evening return to Puri. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 03: Puri - Bhubaneswar (65 kms)Lingaraja Temple, Odisha
After breakfast checkout from hotel and drive to Bhubaneswar, en-route visit the following places.
Pipili Village: Pipili famous all over the world for its applique work. Pipili most well known for its handicraft is near to Puri. The usual appliqué patchwork items are Garden Umbrellas, Wallets, Wall Hanging, lampshades, Pouches & Bags.
Dhauli Peace Pagoda is one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage in India. It is the same place where Emperor Ashoka after the great Kalinga war renounced the war and embraced Buddhism.
Raja Rani Temple is another marvel to the temple city of India. This temple is dedicated to Lord Brahma. The temple is called as Raja Rani due to the use of particular type of sandstone in the construction of the structure bearing the name as Raja rani.
Lingaraj Temple: As the name suggests this temple is the Biggest temple of Lord Shiva who is worshipped here. Pilgrims across the globe come to visit this holy temple.
Khandagiri & Udayagiri Cave: The rocks of the khandagiri & Udayagiri hills were carved & tunnelled to create this multi storied ancient apartment residence for jain monks. They were the work of the first known Odishan ruler, king Kharavela & probably begun in the first century BC.
On arrival at Bhubaneswar check-in at hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 04: Bhubaneswar - Ratnagiri (80 km)Ratnagiri, Odisha
After breakfast drive to Ratnagiri. On arrival at Ratnagiri check-in at hotel. Later proceed to visit Ratnagiri Museum - (FRIDAY CLOSED) The museum consists of four galleries with a long stepped corridor displaying art objects and antiquities, mainly related to Buddhism, ranging from 5th to 13th century AD. Majority of these antiquities specially the elegant stone and bronze sculptures belong to tantric Buddhist Vajrayana sect. Continue with the sightseeing & visit Ratnagiri - The place is the gem of the Buddhist complex. The magnificently carved door jambs of the Vihar and superbly finished Buddha images from perhaps the greatest concentration of Buddhist sculpture of the post-Gupta period.
Udayagiri in district Jajpur of odisha, at a distance of 90 km from Bhubaneshwar and a significant part of well known diamond Buddhist triangle of Odisha and is famous for the largest Buddhist complexes. The Buddhist Monastic Complexes consists of the Monastery, Stupa and other structural and material remains.
Lalitgiri is one of the earliest monasteries and the hills were occupied by buddhist from 1 century AD, is located in Jajpur in Orissa. Excavation reveal four monasteries in the hill. Archeological Department of Orissa excavated Lalitgiri, a site near Ratnagiri which was occupied by Buddhists from the first century AD to the 12th Century. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 05: Ratnagiri - Bhitarkanika (95 kms)Ratnagiri, Odisha
After breakfast drive to Bhitarkanika. On arrival check-in at hotel. Bhitarkanika is a hot-spot of biodiversity. It's home to largest population of giant salt water crocodile in India. Also home to more than 215 species of avifauna including amazing eight variety of Kingfishers. It is the second largest viable Mangrove Eco-System in India Harbours more than 70 species of Mangrove and its associates. Gahirmatha is known to be one of the largest rookery for Olive Ridley Sea Turtles. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 06: Bhubaneswar Drop
After breakfast transfer to Airport / Railway station on time to catch Flight / Train for your onward destination.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
For Departure Dates just call 7350530009 / 7350540009 / 7350550009
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription
- Parking and Toll tax
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by private car
- Transfer & sightseeing by A/c Vehicle Depending on number of pax.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis
- (depending on the availability )
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 9% GST (includes 0.15% Swachh Bharat Cess)
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- All personal expenses
- Anything not included in the inclusions is excluded.
- The best time to visit Orissa is between November and May when all the festivals take place. Luckily this period also coincides with the coolest weather the year round. Makar Sankranti which is celebrated around mid January with harvest festivals in all the villages, is a particularly nice time to visit the state. Other festivals are Adivasis Mela the tribal fair from Jan 26 to Feb 1, Magha Saptami in Jan/Feb at Chandrabhaga beach, near Konarak, Panashankanti held in early April all over the state, Chaitra Parba in mid-April when the Santals perform Chhou dances at Baripada and Ashokastami in April/May besides Puri’s Rath Yatra held in July.
- Indian Rupee
Hindi / English / Oriya/Dravidian/Munda
About The Place:
Unique and dynamic faces; country of staggering differences; land amalgamating tradition and modernity - Description can be many, but each one will point to magnificent homeland- INDIA. The country has nearly 5000 years old history to share with its travelers, historians, archeologists. Besides, the country is a birthplace of several spiritual leaders, founders and rulers who in their way contributed to make India - a rich land where many religions, culture, crafts, mysticism, art, philosophy, tradition, music and architecture flourished. India is generously blessed, making the history buffs to contemplate over the gems from the ancient times that are scattered almost everywhere in India. Tour My India offers a comprehensive type of heritage travel packages that let a tourist learn about majestic traces of former empires. We provide an opportunity of scouting the heritage destinations of India letting travelers have insights of country's culture and mores.