Day 1 -
Your birding tour commences from Cochin. Explore Thattekad sanctuary to have fun in tranquil atmosphere. Trail through dense forests and spot colorful birds. Catch them in your camera.
Day 2 -
A famous hill station of South India is Munnar. Travel up to 1500 m high. Dense and evergreen woods are home to birds like, Nilgiri pipit and flycatcher.
Day 3 -
From Munnar, move towards Chinnar. Get fresh in hotel or lodge. Start towards Chinnar wild life sanctuary where you can find variety of birds inside sanctuary.
Day 4 -
Drive from Chinnar to Parambikulam wild life sanctuary. Monsoon is the best season to traverse through the picturesque vales of this sanctuary. Various birds are found in the evergreen forests.
Day 5 -
Indira Gandhi wildlife sanctuary is one of the most prominent and often visited sanctuaries. The avian life is colorful which includes, hornbill Malabar grey hornbill.
Day 6 -
Pack up your bags and get back to Cochin. Start your onward journey.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Parking and Toll tax
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by private car
- Transfer & sightseeing by A/c Vehicle Depending on number of pax.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis
- (depending on the availability )
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
About The Place:
Thattekkad, the pristine ambience of this sanctuary is unlike. Set at the lowest altitude, the evergreen woods comprise of 280 different species. The avian world includes grey hornbill, white bellied tree pie and some water birds. Munnar is a famous hill station, set at the elevation 1500 m. The whole region is surrounded by tea plants.
The mountain forests are rich in its flora and fauna. Birds like Nigiri flycatcher, Nikgiri pipit, and these birds are sighted clearly in surrounding areas too. The trip of Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary will take you to the lofty Ghats with Palani hills.
The woodlands have dry deciduous to arid flora and fauna. There are n numbers of rare species. Migrant birds are the main attractions here. Neighboring to Anamalai Sanctuary, Parambikulam Sanctuary is set between two ranges of Karimalagopuram (1,440m) and Sholayar. If you pass through the vales, then vales are affected by the south-west monsoon.
Better if you traverse during the monsoons. Monsoons are cool. Rich flora and fauna contain semi evergreen woods, which add charm to the whole region of this sanctuary. Trailing through wet forests is an unlike experience. There are plants of teak.
The lush green lands and marshes are seen in south zone. IGWLS means Indira Gandhi Wildlife sanctuary is named after Indira Gandhi. The avian life such as great pied hornbill and Malabar grey hornbill. This sanctuary covers an area around 958 km sq. Indira Gandhi Wildlife in India is once known as Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary.
- September - ( Offseason )
- March to October - ( Peak Season )
- December to March - ( Mid Peak season )
- Indian Rupee
- Hindi / English
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription