Day 01: DIMAPUR-KHONOMA
At Dimapur airport, you will meet our representative who will take you to Khonoma Village. En route we will stop at a local market where they sell organic vegetables and more. Overnight in a homestay in Khonoma.
Day 02: KHONOMA
In the morning today, we will explore the village and shall learn a thing or two about the history, culture and tradition of the place.We shall witness ceremonial gates, morungs, age group houses. We will also meet the local craftsmen. In the afternoon, we will enjoy a picnic lunch. Post lunch, we will witness how the locals practise jhum cultivation or shifting cultivation along with Alder trees. In the evening we will get a chance to relish indigenous games that are played by local youth followed by bonfire where the local brew will be served. Overnight in a homestay in Khonoma.
Day 03: KHONOMA- KOHIMA
Today, we will drive to Kohima and shall visit World War II Cemetery, local market, souvenir shops and museum. Post lunch, we will explore Jakhama, Kigwema and Kisama villages. Overnight stay in Kohima.
Day 04: KOHIMA- THETSUMI- KHEZHAKENO VILLAGE(60KM)
Today we shall drive to Khezhakeno Village of Chakhesang Nagas. The village is said to be the origin place of many Naga tribes. En route we shall visit Makhel Village. On arrival at Khezhakeno village, we will enjoy lunch and post it, will take a village tour where we will be able to see historically important places and men gathering place/court. We shall also meet and interact with the locals. In the evening we will get a chance to relish indigenous games that are played by local youth followed by a bonfire and storytelling session.Overnight in a homestay in Khezhakeno.
Day 05: KHEZHAKENO- THETSUMI VILLAGE (50KM)
Today, early in the morning, you can join your host family for fetching water, preparing pig food, carrying firewood, etc. Post breakfast, we shall drive to Thetsumi Village. En route we shall visit few more Chakhesang Villages. We shall then have traditional lunch at Misolumi Village after which, we will witness the folk performance by local youth. We shall then continue our drive to Thetsumi Village. On arrival, we shall explore the village. Overnight stay in the community guest house in Thetsumi.
Day 06: THETSUMI- CHIESEZU VILLAGE (65KM)
After the breakfast, we shall head to Chiesezu Village of Chakhesang Nagas. Our first stop will be at Chizami and Sumi villages. Further, we will drive to Chiesezu. On arrival, check in at the community guest house. In the evening we shall enjoy bonfire with the host. Overnight stay in the guest house.
Day 07: CHIESEZU- KOHIMA (50KM)
Today, we will drive to Kohima to attend the Sekrenyi Festival, which is the main festival of Angami Tribe. Overnight stay in the hotel in Kohima.
Day 08: KOHIMA- TUOPHEMA (45KM)
Post breakfast, we shall drive to Tuophema Village to witness the festival of purification which will be replete with colourful dances, songs, games, etc. We shall partake in the community feast. Overnight stay in the Community Cottage.
Day 09: TUOPHEMA
After the breakfast today, we will explore Tuophema Village and later attend the festival. We can also visit Gariphema Village, which is situated in close proximity to Touphema. We shall return to Touphema Village for an overnight stay in the Community Cottage.
Day 10: TUOPHEMA- MOKOKCHUNG (120KM)
Our visit will be to Mokokchung, which is home to the Ao Nagas. En route, we shall visit Tseminyu Village, Longsa village and Longkhum village, which was known as the vanguard of the Aos during the headhunting era. On arrival, check in at a hotel for an overnight stay in Mokokchung.
Day 11: MOKOKCHUNG
Today, we will head out to explore Ao villages near Mokokchung like Ungma, Chungtia and Aliba. Post lunch, we shall visit Impur Village and Moponchuket Village, where one can see log drums and machangs, which are a platform that are attached to most of the houses. We shall also meet the local people and witness the wood carvings of their houses. Later, we will return to Mokokchung for an overnight stay.
Day 12: MOKOKCHUNG- JORHAT
In the morning today, we will drive to Jorhat, Assam. On arrival, lunch at Jorhat. Post lunch, we shall pay a visit to a local market. Overnight stay at the hotel in Jorhat.
Day 13: JORHAT- MAJULI
In the morning today, we shall drive to Nimathighat to take a ferry to Majuli Island. On arrival, visit a Mishing village, Satras and meet local weavers. Overnight stay at the hotel in Majuli.
Day 14: MAJULI
Today, we will spend our day exploring Majuli. In the evening, we will witness the performance of Assamese dance by some locals. Overnight stay in Majuli.
Day 15: MAJULI- JORHAT- SIBSAGAR
In the morning, we shall take an early ferry to reach Jorhat. On arrival, have lunch at Jorhat and then drive to Sibsagar. Overnight stay at the hotel in Sibsagar.
Day 16: SIBSAGAR- DIBRUGARH
After the breakfast today, you will be driven to Dibrugarh to catch flight.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Parking and Toll tax
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by private car
- Transfer & sightseeing by A/c Vehicle Depending on number of pax.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis
- (depending on the availability )
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 9% GST (includes 0.15% Swachh Bharat Cess)
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- All personal expenses
- Anything not included in the inclusions is excluded.
For Departure Dates just call 7350530009 / 7350540009 / 7350550009
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
- Summer - March To April
- Moonsoon - May To September
- Winter - Octomber To February
- The best time to visit Nagaland for a holiday will be the initials months of winters, and summer as not only the weather will be mild, salubrious, and balmy but also this is when one can be a part of the festival celebrations like Yemshe Festival, Bushu Festival, and Hornbill festival.
- Indian Rupee
About The Tour:
The Naga festivity is certainly one of its kind, and the opportunity to witness it is not to be missed. Nagaland, the land of rich and unique culture as well as lesser explored trails have so much to offer along with its unusual food habits and festivals, all of which compels to plan a trip here. One eye-catching festival that we have included in our 14N/15D tour for you is Sekrenyi. Celebrated by the Angami Tribe, it is a purification festival in which the men of the tribe sacrifice an unblemished rooster and observe its legs to foretell the future. It is indeed an unusual sight that deserves to be witnessed. However, this is not all that we offer in our tour package, our endeavour is to design the itinerary in such a way that all aspects of this unique state in India can be seen and experienced. Thus, in this tour package of ours, you get to witness important cultural places like Khonoma Village, remote villages like Khezhakeno, Thetsumi, Misolumi, Chiesezu, Chizami, Sumi and Touphema. The package also include visiting the gems of Assam in the form of Majuli, which is the largest river island in the world and the beautiful Sibsagar. Indeed this tour has the best that you can get in Nagaland and Assam.