Day 01: Cochin – Ooty (275 km / 6hrs)
Pick up from your hotel / railway station / airport in the morning, and then drive to the "queen of Hill Stations" Ooty. En-route you will be mesmerized by awe-inspiring beauty offered by the woods. After crossing Palakkad we will reach Kerala – Tamil Nadu border. Further, continue the drive to Ooty. On arrival, check into a hotel. For the rest of the day relax in the hotel, followed by an overnight stay.
Situated at an altitude of 2240 meters, Ooty was once the most adored and visited summer getaway for Britishers. Presently it stands among the most popular tourist destinations of India. The main attraction of the place is the mountain train journey on a ratchet and pinion track. This wonderful journey begins from Kallar (near Mettupalayam), and a spice is added when it moves through twisted trails with thrilling curves. In the entire tour, the sight of tea gardens, murmuring streams and deep ravines offers a great delight.
Day 02: Ooty
After breakfast leave for a sightseeing tour around Ooty. The first stopover of the tour will be 'The Government Botanical Garden' (Udhagamandalam), established in year 1848. This garden is adorned with thousands of flora species, both exotic and indigenous. Right from the tiny plants, shrubs, bonsai, to huge trees, every member of the flora family is a part of this park. The prime attraction that lures the tourists to the garden is the 20 million years old fossilized tree trunk.
The next beautiful place is the Ooty Lake, a one of a kind artificial lake constructed in 1824 by John Sullivan. This lake was made by damming the water flowing from the mountain streams. Around the lake one can see a border of the Eucalyptus trees, and on one of the shores of this man-made water body runs a railway line. In summers, to be more specific in May, a two days boat pageantry and race is organized.
Later, visit to the second highest mountain of the Nilgiri Hills, the Doddabetta peak at 2637 meters. The first highest is Anaimudi, at a height of 2695 meters. Further, the Doddabetta Mountain is cosseted by a reserved forest area that works as an ecstasy for the visitors. This summit is easily accessible through road, and thus everyone is invited.
Stretched over an area of 300 acres, the next unusual stop is the Hindustan Photo Films Factory (HPF). Situated about 5 kilometers away from the famous Ooty Railway Station, HPF is an industrial unit, which is known for manufacturing various film products.
After exploring all the above mentioned destinations, return to the hotel for lunch. Have a leisure time in the hotel and enjoy the activities organized at the accommodation. Later, have a relaxed overnight stay at the hotel.
Optional : - For those who wish to have more of Ooty, can extend the stay by a night and enjoy the toy train experience. The Ooty – Coonoor Passenger Train (toy train), has a fixed schedule.
• The boarding time from Ooty - 9:15 am, 12:15 pm, 02:00 pm. and 06:00 pm.
• Returning back from Coonoor, train timing - 07:45 am, 10:40 am, 12:35 am and 4:30 am.
Day 03: Ooty - Cochin
Post breakfast, leave for Cochin. Upon arrival, head towards Railway station / Airport.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
Hotel details :
Standard package :
Deluxe package :
Premium package :
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis with breakfast
- (depending on the availability )
- A/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. (ac will not run in hill area)
- All Permit fees and hotel taxes (as per itinerary)
- Toll, Parking, driver’s Bata, road tax & fuel charges.
- Pick up From Airport/ Railway Station
- Drop at Airport/ Railway Station
- Air Fare / Train fare not included is excluded
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide charges, Tips, Entry Fees & Camera Charges if any
- Porterage At Hotels And Airports, Laundry, Liquors, Wine,Room Heater Charges Etc
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like cyclone, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client and directly payable on the spot).
- Early check-in and Late check-out charges are not included in the above cost. Standard Check-in time : 1400 hrs. / Standard Check-out time: 1100 hrs.
- Costs does not include any type of Surcharges if any and will be charged if applicable (Eg. Gala Dinner , Festive Season Charges, Long weekend etc.)
- Room upgrades and freebies from the hotel
Payment Policy :
- Booking amount required 100% amount of Flight Tickets & 50% amount of Land Package
- Rest 50% payment should be done before 20 days of your departure
Cancellation Policy :
- Cancellation charge of 25% of total amount on package ( except Flight )per person is applicable any time after the booking is confirmed.
- No refund, if cancellation is received less than 10 days before arrival.
- 50% of the total package amount is applicable, if cancellation is received between 11 - 20 days before arrival.
- 25% of the total package amount is applicable, if cancellation is received between 21 - 30 days before arrival.
- During COVID or any other pandemic situation the cancellation charges will be on sole discretion of the management and it will be decided on case to case basis.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the
- operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Cancellation Policy for Air Ticket depends on the Airlines policy
Terms & Conditions :
- Kindly note hotels are not equipped to provide Indian items in their breakfast and they would try the same.
- In case any guest requires Indian Items during the breakfast there would be additional charges applicable.
- Strictly NO Refund for any un-utilized services once booking is confirmed.
- The above quote is strictly subject to availability of rooms at the time of booking.
- The quote is strictly applicable as mentioned above and changes will attract a deviation in the costs.
- This is only a quotation. We are not blocked/booked/holding any rooms/ restaurants and will be subject to availability at the time of booking, so rate can not be guaranteed with a late confirmation.
- In case there is an increase or decrease in the number of pax there would be a change in the costs.
- Remittance charges of USD 30 would be applicable per transaction.
- ROE would be charged as per the prevailing ROE on the day of making payments.
- Supplement cost will require for arrival/departure transfer between 2200 hrs. - 0700 hrs.(Odd Hours of the Day)
- We strongly recommend to all our travellers to purchase the Overseas Travel Insurance Policy on their own before travel.
- This would help and protect from incurring any loss of personal belongings or in case of any personal illness on tour or any kind of accident.
- In case the Group is travelling with more than normal luggage then additional charges will apply for extra Van
- All water activities , adventure activities are subject to weather conditions
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -
- Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- GST of 5.00 % will be charged on the Total Invoice, if you make the payment in India.
- Its mandatory that we should receive guest’s Pan Card & Passport Copy for further booking process.
- The travel company reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer anytime at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
Duration : 02 Nights - 03 Days
Destinations: Cochin - Ooty - Cochin
Highlight of The Trip :
>Government Rose Garden, Ooty Botanical Gardens, Stone House, Nilgiri Mountain Railway, St. Stephen's Church, Wax World, Ooty, Deer Park
>Lake : Ooty Lake
Peak Season: September to March,
Off Season: April to May
Monsoon Season: June to August.
Things to carry :
- Flight /Train tickets , Passport and Aadhar Card as ID Proof , Photos , Double Vaccination Certificate
- Keep some cash as ATM is not available at all the places
- Required Medicines
- Few Skin Care Products like sunscreen, moisturizer, lip balm
- Goggles , Umbrella , swimsuit , thermals or woollens as per requirement of location
- Good quality foot wear (Shoes , flip flop , beach slippers etc.) as per requirement of location
- SIM Card which has range to location you are travelling
- Chargers for charging your electronic gadgets , Power Bank
- Small First Aid Kit
- Mosquito Repellents
- Extra Pairs of Inner Wear and Empty Travelling Bags
- Few Packed Snacks, Pickles , Chutneys etc.