Day 01: Bagdogra Airport / NJP Railway Station - Kalimpong (77 kms / 3 hrs)Kalimpong Hill Station
Upon arrival at Bagdogra Airport / NJP Railway Station meeting and assistance followed by transfer to Kalimpong. On arrival Check-in to your hotel. Rest of the day free. Overnight in Kalimpong.
About Kalimpong: Kalimpong is a hill station in the Mahabharat Range in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is located at an average elevation of 1,250 metres. The town is the headquarters of the Kalimpong subdivision, a part of the district of Darjeeling.
Day 02: Kalimpong - Gangtok (About 80 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Post breakfast embark on a sightseeing tour of Kalimpong covering - Mangal Dham, Deolo Hill, Dr. Graham's Home, Durbin Dara Monastery & View point, Cactus / Orchid Nursery. Return to hotel. Post lunch drive to to Gangtok - "The Capital of Sikkim". Check-in to your hotel on arrival. Overnight in Gangtok.
Mangal Dham: This ungainly modern Mangal Dham is sacred to Krishna. In its ballroom-like prayer hall there are eight vibrant, life-size dioramas from the Krishna Leela. The temple is dedicated to Guruji Shri Mangaldas Ji, who's commemorated in a shrine below the prayer hall. The temple is about 500m downhill from Thongsa Gompa, or you can walk from the centre along Relli Rd and turn left by the Roman Catholic church.
Deolo Hill: Deolo Hill, located to the north-east of the town, is one of the two hills in between which the town of Kalimpong stands. From the top of this hill, tourists can enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding villages of Relli valley and Teesta River along with the town of Kalimpong. In addition, there is a park located at the summit of this hill, which is constructed for recreational purposes.
Day 03: Gangtok - SightseeingGangtok
After breakfast embark on a half day local sightseeing tour of Gangtok covering Rumtek Monastery, Dro-Dul Chorten, Institute of Tibetology, Handicraft Centre, and Flower Show. Overnight in Gangtok.
Institute of Tibetology: Since its establishment in 1958, the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology has sponsored and promoted research on the religion, history, language, art and culture of the people of the Tibetan cultural area which includes Sikkim. The NIT library holds one of the largest collections of Tibetan works in the world outside Tibet and a museum of Tibetan iconography and religious art. It has published the Bulletin of Tibetology since 1964 and numerous books over the years.
Handicraft Center: The Directorate of Handicrafts and Handloom was founded in 1957, as Handloom and Handicrafts Centre of Sikkim. This is situated 500 metres from the central market of Gangtok. This organization has been established to conserve and pass around the art and craft skills of the artificers of Gangtok. In this centre, the visitors can see blankets, elegant hand-carved folding tables (Choktse), hand-loomed carpets with conventional themes, hand-painted masques, shawls, traditional paintings, wooden dolls and many other handicrafts.
Day 04: Gangtok - Darjeeling (Approx - 110 kms / 4 hrs)
After breakfast take the transfer to Darjeeling 'The Queen of the Hills'. Check-in to your hotel. Overnight in Darjeeling.
Day 05: Darjeeling - SightseeingDarjeeling
After breakfast embark on a sightseeing tour of Darjeeling covering - Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park (closed on Thursday), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self help Centre (closed on Sunday), Tea Garden (outer view), and Japanese Peace Pagoda. Return to hotel. Post Lunch free or at own. Evening can be spent at the Mall (chowrasta). Overnight in Darjeeling.
Tea Garden: According to records, the first commercial tea gardens planted out by the British tea interest were Tukvar, Steinthal and Aloobari tea estates. This was in 1852 and this entire plantation used seeds that were raised in the government nurseries.
Darjeeling was then only a sparsely populated hamlet which was being used as a hill resort by the army and some affluent people. Tea, being a labor intensive enterprise, required sufficient number of workers to plant, tend, pluck and finally manufacture the produce. For this, employment was offered to people from across the border of Nepal.
Tenzing Rock: Tenzing Rock, a gigantic natural rock in Darjeeling is named after Tenzing Norgay, the man who created history by climbing the Everest first time along with Edmund Hillary in 1953.
Mall: Mall is like the town center or the social center of Darjeeling. This is where some of the old and heritage stores are lined up on one side, and there is open view on the other with many pine trees all around. If you want to feel the real vibe of Darjeeling, watch people and activities, this is the place to come. Another thing that you won't miss here. there are lots of young local lads with their ponies offering horse rides to children. Many elderly tourists indulge as well.
Day 06: Darjeeling - Bagdogra Airport / NJP Railway Station (80 kms / 3 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Bagdogra. On arrival transfer to airport / Railway station to connect flight / train for onward destination.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Parking and Toll tax
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by private car
- Transfer & sightseeing by A/c Vehicle Depending on number of pax.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis
- (depending on the availability )
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 4.35% GST (includes 0.15% Swachh Bharat Cess)
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- All personal expenses
- Anything not included in the inclusions is excluded.
For Departure Dates just call 7350530009 / 7350540009 / 7350550009
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
- Rainy - July to September
- Winter - Octomber to February
- Summer -March to June
- Indian Rupee
- Hindi / English / Tibetan / Bengali
About The Place:
North East India is famous for its exotic honeymoon destinations where the two souls can become one and have a blast of a life time. With adoring surroundings, gusty winds and soothing ambience, the fascinating hill stations of the North East India offer much-required privacy to honeymooners so that they have the most romantic retreat.
For all those who are planning their honeymoon right in the nature’s lap, we offer an exclusive 5 nights / 6 days North East Honeymoon Tour. Be ready to explore the beautiful sightseeing destinations of North East India including Kalimpong, Gangtok and Darjeeling with us and take home many sweet and unforgettable memories to cherish forever.