Day 01 Monday Arrival : 1500 hours / Place: Taj West End Hotel, Bangalore
Assemble at The Taj West End Hotel by for check-in formalities followed by high tea & a brief presentation on the train. Proceed for visiting Chitrakala Parishad / Art gallery, and enjoy a cultural programme. Reach Yeshwantpur Railway Station, by 2000 hours and get a grand welcome by the train crew who escort you to your respective cabins. Dinner to be served on board. Train departs by 2100 hours.
Alternate itinerary In case you do not wish to go for the original itinerary that includes check-in at Taj and sightseeing of Bangalore city, here's an alternate itinerary, especially suited for people fond of eco tourism:
Arrival: 1100 hours / Place: Our Native Village Check-in at Our Native village, followed by a grand lunch. Know the train, do's & don'ts and safety & security measures while being on the train through a brief presentation by the train staff. At around 1500 hours, get an eco resort tour, and the Revivalist movement - an art & culture tour. Proceed on for an exciting pottery session, village games and bullock cart rides. Depart to Yeshwantpur Railway Station for a grand welcome session and dinner onboard as the train starts rolling towards Kabini at around 2100 hours.
Day 02: 0600 hours / Place: Chennai - Mammallapuram, Tamil Nadu
As your reach the bustling metropolis of Chennai in the wee hours, get ready for an exhilarating expedition to Mammallapuram located at around 58 km from Chennai. Visit the beautifully crafted and age-old temples, including the temple of Rathas, the Penance of Bhagirath, and most importantly the Shore Temple. Overlooking the Bay of Bengal, Shore Temple is a five-storied structural Hindu temple with a pyramidal structure that is 60 ft high.
Have a lavish lunch at Mahabalipuram and move ahead a sightseeing excursion to Chennai. The prime attractions here include St. Mary's Church, Saint Thomas Cathedral, and the Fort St. George, the Kapaleeshwarar Temple, the National Art Gallery and Museum among others. Dinner and overnight stay aboard as the train proceeds towards Pondicherry.
Day 03: 0800 hours/ Place: Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
On the third day, the train enters Pondicherry that still exudes a Mediterranean aura for it was a French colony once. Post-breakfast, embark on a sightseeing expedition through the cobbled streets and the vast French styled mansions that are scattered around the city. It is almost like a sojourn of France, rather than India. Pay visit to the prime attractions in the city including Auroville and Sri Aurobindo Ashram after enjoying a flavorsome lunch on board the train. Stroll on the beach and enjoy shopping in the city.
Post-lunch, return to the train and proceed towards your next destination - Tiruchirapalli (also known as Trichy), the heart of Tamil Nadu. Overnight stay on the train as it leaves for Trichy at around 2200 hours.
Day 04 : 0600 hours/ Place: Tiruchirapalli - Tanjore, Tamil Nadu
As the train crisscrosses through pictorial locations and you enjoy a tranquil breakfast on board, you reach Tiruchirapalli, also known as Trichy. Disembark the train to visit the Rock Fort temple, Mathrubhuteshwar Shrine, and the Ucchi Pillayar Koil that are housed here.
Later, proceed towards Tanjore - the rice bowl of Tamil Nadu, which is most significantly known for its prehistoric temples and marvelous paintings. Get fascinated by the splendid Brihadeshwara temple - a World Heritage Site, Alangudi temple, Chandra Bagawan temple, and the Schwartz Church. Lunch is arranged at Sangam Hotel in Tanjore. Dinner and overnight stay on the train.
Day 05 : 0515 hours/ Place: Madurai, Tamil Nadu
As the dawn breaks, you reach Madurai - the temple city. Adorned with some of the greatest architectural sites, Madurai is home to the celebrated Meenakshi Temple located on the southern banks of river Vaigai. Post breakfast on board, you pay visit to this famed temple. The temple forms the heart and lifeline of the 2500-year-old city and its complex houses 14 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height. Enjoy a hearty lunch on board and thereafter get ready for a pleasurable Light & Sound Show at The Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal. A classic fusion of Dravidian and Islamic styles, the palace dates back to 17th century AD.
Enjoy the dinner with live Classical Music at the Heritage - a 17-acre grand resort in Madurai. Return on board to continue your journey towards Nagercoil in Kanyakumari.
Day 06 : 0345 hours/ Place: Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu and Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
The train will arrive at the Nagercoil station in Kanyakumari even as you sleep comfortably in your respective cabins. Though there are several places of tourist-interest here, Kanyakumari is especially popular for its spectacular and unique sunrise and sunset. The confluence of three ocean bodies - the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean, and the Arabian Sea - makes the sunrise and sunset even more special, alluring and truly magical. Witness the spectacular sunrise and return to the train for breakfast. Visit the famous Padmanabha Palace (Wooden Palace), located inside an old granite fortress around 4 km long.
Return to the comforts of the train for lunch as the train starts rolling towards Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala.
Popularly known as God's own country, Kerala is famous for its enchanting backwaters, it pristine and unadulterated beaches and roaring waterfalls. Arrive at Thiruvananthapuram Station (Kuchuvelli Station) at around 1500 hours and drive to the unspoiled Kovalam beach. Enjoy your tea as you witness the high waves merging into each other and the blue waters playing a hide and seek game with you. This is followed by a Cultural Show and dinner at The Taj Green Cove Kovalam.
Return to the train for overnight stay on board as the wheels start rolling towards you next destination in Kerala - the backwaters of Alleppey.
Day 07 : 0500 hours / Place: Alleppey, Kerala
With the first breeze of the early morning, experience peace and tranquility as you arrive to Alleppey. Mirror still lagoons, pictorial lakesides, palm fringed canals, shores bustling with glimpses from day to day life in the country side - all welcome you with open hands.
Post breakfast on board, get ready for an amazing ride on a Kettuvallom/Houseboat - a fabulous way to explore the fascinating beauty of the Kerala backwaters. As you get mesmerized with the beauty of the deep blue waters around you, savour the local delectable cuisines of Kerala on the houseboat itself. This is followed by a drive to Kochi and a visit to the Church, Chinese Fishing nets and a walk around Jew Town.
Board the Golden Chariot for dinner and overnight stay as it departs for Bangalore after a memorable week.
Day 08 : 0800 hours / Place: Yeshwanthpura Railway Station Bangalore
Bid farewell to the Golden Chariot after enjoying a leisurely breakfast on board.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
Hotel details :
Standard package :
Deluxe package :
Premium package :
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis with breakfast
- (depending on the availability )
- A/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. (ac will not run in hill area)
- All Permit fees and hotel taxes (as per itinerary)
- Toll, Parking, driver’s Bata, road tax & fuel charges.
- Pick up From Airport/ Railway Station
- Drop at Airport/ Railway Station
- Air Fare / Train fare not included is excluded
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide charges, Tips, Entry Fees & Camera Charges if any
- Porterage At Hotels And Airports, Laundry, Liquors, Wine,Room Heater Charges Etc
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like cyclone, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client and directly payable on the spot).
- Early check-in and Late check-out charges are not included in the above cost. Standard Check-in time : 1400 hrs. / Standard Check-out time: 1100 hrs.
- Costs does not include any type of Surcharges if any and will be charged if applicable (Eg. Gala Dinner , Festive Season Charges, Long weekend etc.)
- Room upgrades and freebies from the hotel
Payment Policy :
- Booking amount required 100% amount of Flight Tickets & 50% amount of Land Package
- Rest 50% payment should be done before 20 days of your departure
Cancellation Policy :
- Cancellation charge of 25% of total amount on package ( except Flight )per person is applicable any time after the booking is confirmed.
- No refund, if cancellation is received less than 10 days before arrival.
- 50% of the total package amount is applicable, if cancellation is received between 11 - 20 days before arrival.
- 25% of the total package amount is applicable, if cancellation is received between 21 - 30 days before arrival.
- During COVID or any other pandemic situation the cancellation charges will be on sole discretion of the management and it will be decided on case to case basis.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the
- operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Cancellation Policy for Air Ticket depends on the Airlines policy
Terms & Conditions :
- Kindly note hotels are not equipped to provide Indian items in their breakfast and they would try the same.
- In case any guest requires Indian Items during the breakfast there would be additional charges applicable.
- Strictly NO Refund for any un-utilized services once booking is confirmed.
- The above quote is strictly subject to availability of rooms at the time of booking.
- The quote is strictly applicable as mentioned above and changes will attract a deviation in the costs.
- This is only a quotation. We are not blocked/booked/holding any rooms/ restaurants and will be subject to availability at the time of booking, so rate can not be guaranteed with a late confirmation.
- In case there is an increase or decrease in the number of pax there would be a change in the costs.
- Remittance charges of USD 30 would be applicable per transaction.
- ROE would be charged as per the prevailing ROE on the day of making payments.
- Supplement cost will require for arrival/departure transfer between 2200 hrs. - 0700 hrs.(Odd Hours of the Day)
- We strongly recommend to all our travellers to purchase the Overseas Travel Insurance Policy on their own before travel.
- This would help and protect from incurring any loss of personal belongings or in case of any personal illness on tour or any kind of accident.
- In case the Group is travelling with more than normal luggage then additional charges will apply for extra Van
- All water activities , adventure activities are subject to weather conditions
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -
- Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- GST of 5.00 % will be charged on the Total Invoice, if you make the payment in India.
- Its mandatory that we should receive guest’s Pan Card & Passport Copy for further booking process.
- The travel company reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer anytime at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
About The Tour:
Suffused with the saga of the past and alteration of the present, The Golden Chariot takes the travelers on an enthralling trip to the most renowned destinations in South India. Being painted with the golden and purple colors, the royal train signifies majestic epoch of erstwhile South Indian dynasties. It radiates an aura of grace and luxury from its every nook. The emblem of this luxury train is an elephant headed lion, which denotes royalty in its own way. A fleet of bonhomie and welcoming staff greets the guests in a traditional style before boarding one of the most popular luxury trains in India.
Historical legacy, cultural ethos and superb artwork of once ruling dynasties of the south are manifested in the 11 coaches of this train. The names of these coaches draw inspiration from the different rulers who have ruled the area in the history and reverberate with the architectural ethos of that particular era. The train route of this royal carrier connects Goa and Bangalore, which are the major tourist attractions in South India. Booking the journey in this train will take you on an unforgettable journey full of the memories to cheer throughout the life. We at Namoh, offer an attractive trip of the Golden Chariot making your holidays perfectly pleasant.
Splendor of South:
Unspoiled beaches, scores of temples, sparkling waterfalls, and captivating wildlife, Karnataka is truly exhibits natural beauty at its best.
Explore the wildlife environs of Kabini, the palaces and gardens of Mysore, the pilgrimage sites of Hassan and the captivating Badami caves before you reach Goa - the party hub of India with endless entertainment options including the beaches, the discotheques and casinos.
Summer - February to May
Rainy - June to October
Winter - November to January
Hindi / English / Malayalam
Things to carry :
- Flight /Train tickets , Passport and Aadhar Card as ID Proof , Photos , Double Vaccination Certificate
- Keep some cash as ATM is not available at all the places
- Required Medicines
- Few Skin Care Products like sunscreen, moisturizer, lip balm
- Goggles , Umbrella , swimsuit , thermals or woollens as per requirement of location
- Good quality foot wear (Shoes , flip flop , beach slippers etc.) as per requirement of location
- SIM Card which has range to location you are travelling
- Chargers for charging your electronic gadgets , Power Bank
- Small First Aid Kit
- Mosquito Repellents
- Extra Pairs of Inner Wear and Empty Travelling Bags
- Few Packed Snacks, Pickles , Chutneys etc.