Day 01: DIMAPUR - KHONOMA (87 KM/3HRS)
On arrival at Dimapur airport you will be greeted by our representative and after then you will be transferred to Kohima. Enroute you can visit local market and stop at Mazoma village to drink a cup of tea. On arrival at the Khonoma village, you can rest and spend an overnight.
Day 02: KHONOMA
You will be taken to explore the village in the morning, you can see ceremonial gates, morungs, age group houses, forts, meet local craftsmen and some historical important places. Lunch will be provided in the village and after you will be taken to see how jhum cultivation is practiced. Later in the evening, you will be entertained with some indigenous games and local brew will be served by the bonfire. This will be followed by an overnight stay at the homestay in Khonoma.
Day 03: KHONOMA - KOHIMA
In the morning you will be driven to Kohima, on arrival, you can check in at the hotel and rest. Later, you can head out to explore local bazaar, world war II cemetery and state museum. After lunch, you will be driven to Jakhama village. Return back to Kohima for dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04: KOHIMA - MOKOKCHUNG
From Kohima you will be driven to Mokokchung. Here, you will have an opportunity to visit many villages and see different tribes. First you will be driven 57 km to Tseminyu village, you will also notice the village women weave shawls for their livelihood. After, you will be taken to sightsee Longsa village followed by a lunch at Wokha. Continue you drive towards Longkhum village soon followed by a drive to Mokokchung. On arrival, you can check in at the pre-booked hotel in Mokokchung.
Day 05: MOKOKCHUNG
On day 5, you will be taken to visit the villages around Mokokchung. First a visit to Impur village which also happen to be the first base for the American Missionaries. While here you can explore the museum. After,you will be taken to visit Mopungchuket village. Explore the wooden pillars carved by a local craftsman followed by a walk to Chami village, once a relaxing place for the Missionaries. You will be driven back to Mokokchung for lunch and soon after a drive to Ungma village for exploration. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel in Mokokchung.
Day 06: MOKOKCHUNG - LONGLENG (75 KM/ 3HRS)
After breakfast, take a refreshing drive towards Longleng where you can traverse through Chuchuyimlang village. On arrival at Longleng, lunch will be served, after you can go for an exploration to villages like Yongam village, Nian village. Overnight stay in a guest house in Longleng.
Day 07: LONGLENG
Have an entertaining day at the Monyu festival. Experience the tribal dances, folk songs, play games and feast on traditional cuisine. Overnight stay at the guesthouse.
Day 08: LONGLENG – MON (160 KM/7-8HRS)
You will be drive to Mon, Nagaland via Assam followed by lunch at Sibsagar. On arrival, you can check in at the selected hotel and rest.
Day 09: MON
After breakfast go and explore Chui village and later you can take part in Aoleng festival which is the main festival of the Konyak tribe.
This festival is held during the arrival of spring season. It is celebrated for a good upcoming harvest and during this festival the first 3 days involves in preparation like weaving new cloths, collecting animals to be sacrificed etc. The festival is joyously celebrated on the 4h day with locals wearing traditional cloths and they all spent dancing, singing and feasting the whole day. Finally the last 2 days of the festival is celebrated by cleaning their surroundings and the village
Day 10: MON
On day 10, you can continue with the merry festival and savour the local food and drinks. Overnight stay in Mon guesthouse.
Day 11: MON
Today, you can explore Konyak villages such as Lungwa village, which sits on the international border of Indo - Myanmar. This is an interesting village with the chief, locally called as Anhg, his house situated between India and Myanmar. Also, you can explore inside the Anhg’s house. Later you will be taken to visit Sheangkhachingnyu village. On returning to Mon, dinner and overnight stay will follow.
Day 12: MON - DIBRUGARH (197 KM/7-8HRS)
The next day, you can leave Mon, Nagaland for Dibrugarh followed by lunch at Sibsagar. On arrival in Dibrugarh check in a hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 13: DIBRUGARH & DEPARTURE
The morning on day 13, check out and head for the Dibrugarh airport to connect flight for your further destination.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Parking and Toll tax
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by private car
- Transfer & sightseeing by A/c Vehicle Depending on number of pax.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis
- (depending on the availability )
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 9% GST (includes 0.15% Swachh Bharat Cess)
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- All personal expenses
- Anything not included in the inclusions is excluded.
For Departure Dates just call 7350530009 / 7350540009 / 7350550009
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
- Summer - March To April
- Moonsoon - May To September
- Winter - Octomber To February
- The best time to visit Nagaland for a holiday will be the initials months of winters, and summer as not only the weather will be mild, salubrious, and balmy but also this is when one can be a part of the festival celebrations like Yemshe Festival, Bushu Festival, and Hornbill festival.
- Indian Rupee
About The Tour:
Festivals are celebrated with great merriment and zeal in Nagaland, having to experience such phenomenon is certainly a great experience. This land with various tribes has diverse festivals and they are all remarkable to the eyes of the spectator. It will undoubtedly leave you overwhelmed witnessing some festivals such as Monyu festival of Phom tribe. Seeking blessings for upcoming healthy harvest is celebrated for 6 days straight. In addition, you also get a chance to witness Aoleng festival of Konyak tribe that invokes God’s blessings for upcoming bountiful harvest. In our 12N/13D Monyu Festival Tour, we will guide you celebrate these auspicious events along with a tour around Nagaland’s best places. All the way from the capital Kohima to Khonoma you can witness the venue where the famous Hornbill festival is held and see morungs and age-old houses. A drive to Mokokchung will give you an enchanting trip sighting great landscapes and visit various villages around Mokokchung. Longleng is where you will witness Monyu festival; you can simply partake in the festival by observing the unique celebration. Our package will also take you to Mon, here you can sightsee villages of Konyak tribe and explore the famous Longwa Village in the Indo-Myanmar border. We will give you an amazing holiday that will leave you bragging about your trip back home all day.