Click Image for Gallery
Day 00 :Arrive Bagdogra/ NJP from across India by flight/ train.
Stay at Bagdogra, arranged by us (at own cost)
Day 01:Bagdogra to Phuentsholing, (150 kms) 4 hours:Stay at Phuentsholing:
• Ride through lovely foothills, meandering rivers and huge tea plantations.
• Cross over into The Land of Thunder Dragon, Phuentsholing city, Bhutan.
• Overnight hotel in Phuentsholing (1st night)
Day 02:Phuentsholing to Paro, (148 kms) 5-6 hours
• Stay at Paro
• Post Breakfast we head to get our visas and road permits.
• Ride all the way uphill to Paro, En-route stop at the beautiful Gedu University for photos and visit Rinchending Monastery, other villages and towns along the way.
• Lunch at hotel on arrival.
• Evening free for local sightseeing in Paro – Dzong/ National Museum/ River etc.
• Overnight hotel in Paro (2nd night)
Day 03:Rest day at Paro
• After a hearty breakfast, set out for the majestic and oh so beautiful Taktsang Dzong or Tiger’s Nest Monastery. It’s a 2.5 hour hike up & 1.5 hour hike back to the road head.
• The name Taktsang means Tiger’s Nest, the legend has it that Guru Padmasambhava, believed as the second Buddha or Precious Teacher flew to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress and then meditated there in the cave for three months.
• The main building of the monastery was destroyed by fire on 19th April 1998 and the Bhutan Government had re-constructed it in the original form.
• Post coming back, to soothe our tired leg muscles, we go for a Hot Stone Bath Therapy at a friend’s Farm House.
• Evening free for local sightseeing/ stroll in the bazaar.
• Overnight hotel in Paro (3rd night)
Day 04:Paro to Thimpu, (65 kms) 1.5 hours
• Stay at Thimpu
• After Breakfast at the hotel, we ride to the CAPITAL Thimphu.
• We head to get our Visas and road permits extended.
• We the ride to the best view point in the Thimphu valley – the Buddha point (Kuenselphodrang). It is a short ride from the town. You can pay your obeisance and offer prayers to the Buddha, the largest statue in the world and then walk around and have a glimpse of the valley.
• Evening free for local sightseeing in Thimpu – Dzong/ Museum/ River/ Palace etc.
• Overnight hotel in Thimpu (4th night)
Day 05 :Thimpu to Phobjikha, (145 kms) 5-6 hours.
• Stay at Phobjikha
• Today we start early as we head to our 1st pass in this beautiful country, The Dochula @ 3140 mtrs. is the highlight of the day.
• It’s an easy ride all the way to Phobjikha, one of the easy days of the trip.
• Lunch before we check into our hotel for the night.
• While riding, enjoy the still snow-capped alpine mountains with dense vegetation.
• Riding along this highway will allow you to experience the chilly winter winds but also observe the blessings of spring blossoming.
• Explore the village through a series of walking trails around.
• This place is world famous for the Tibetan Black Necked Cranes that nest here between November to February every winter.
• Evening free to ride around the small town and see the locals go about their daily chores, see the Dzong – one of the most scenic Monasteries you will ever come across.
• Overnight hotel in Phobjikha (5th night)
Day 06 :Phobjika to Bumthang, (180 kms) 7-8 hours
• Stay at Bumthang
• After an early breakfast we ride towards Trongsa, on the way visit Chendebji Chorten patterned on Nepal’s Swayambhunath Stupa, with eyes painted at the four cardinal points.
• It was built in the 18th century by Lama Shida, to cover the remains of an evil spirit that was subdued at this spot. Legend says that the evil spirit manifested as a gigantic snake.
• Today is one of the longest days of this trip, yet a pleasure to the eyes.
• We also go across Pele La & Yotong La – two of the highest motorable passes in Bhutan.
• Overnight hotel in Bumthang (6th night)
Day 07:Rest day at Bumthang
• After breakfast @ a local restaurant, we go for local sightseeing.
• Explore the beautiful valleys of Bumthang at your own pace.
• Your visit in Bumthang includes Jakar Dzong, the administrative center of the valley;
• Jambey Lhakhang, one of the oldest monasteries in Bhutan, dating from the introduction of Buddhism in Bhutan; and Kurje Lhakhang, one of the most sacred places, where Guru Rinpoche left his body imprint on the cave when he was meditating.
• Post lunch we visit Bhutan’s world famous Red Panda Brewery and Swiss Cheese factory.
• Go to the Mystery Lake if time permits.
• Overnight hotel in Bumthang (7th night)
Day 08: Bumthang to Mongar, (198 kms) 7-8 hours.
• Stay at Mongar
• Overnight hotel in Mongar (8th night)
Day 09:Mongar to Trashi Yangtse, (136 kms) 4 hours.
• Stay at Trashi Yangtse
• A relatively easy day, as we ride to the Easternmost tip of this sweet little country, bordering Arunachal Pradesh.
• Overnight hotel in Trashi Yangtse (9th night)
Day 10:Trashi Yangtse to Guwahati, (300 kms) 9-10 hours
• Stay at Guwahati, arranged by us (at own cost)
• Post a hearty but last Bhutanese breakfast get ready to ride the longest day of this tour as we head back to (Guwahati) India, towards the hot yet beautiful town of Samdrup Jhongkhar, bordering the Indian state of Assam.
• It’s all the way down to Samdrup Jhongkhar and the weather turns from cold to cool to warm to kind of hot……all during the course of one day
• Bhutan is a place that you will never, ever forget.
• Magical memories will be yours to recall forever.
• Fly out or take a train out of Guwahati to your home cities
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Accommodation at the above mentioned hotel in Standard/ Base Category Room with Breakfast
- All transfers as per itinerary by AC coach
- Sightseeing as per the above mentioned itinerary
- English speaking Driver
- Meet & Greet at Airport by local representative
- GST EXtra
- Personal expenses (mini bar, Telephone, laundry etc.)
- Optional tour, extra food and beverage
- Flight ticket, VOA, Airport tax, Visa Fees not mentioned in inclusions is excluded
- Guide Tipping
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not mentioned in Inclusions
- Early check-in and Late check-out charges are not included in the above cost. Standard Check-in time : 1500 hrs. / Standard Check-out time: 1200 hrs.
- Costs does not include any type of Surcharges if any and will be charged if applicable.High Season / Special Events will be applicable if booked during surcharge period
- Room upgrades and freebies from the hotel.
- Anything which is not there in Inclusions
Payment Policy :
- Booking amount required 100% amount of Flight Tickets & 50% amount of Land Package
- Rest 50% payment should be done before 20 days of your departure
Cancellation Policy :
- Cancellation charge of 25% of total amount on package ( except Flight )per person is applicable any time after the booking is confirmed.
- No refund, if cancellation is received less than 10 days before arrival.
- 50% of the total package amount is applicable, if cancellation is received between 11 - 20 days before arrival.
- 25% of the total package amount is applicable, if cancellation is received between 21 - 30 days before arrival.
- During COVID or any other pandemic situation the cancellation charges will be on sole discretion of the management and it will be decided on case to case basis.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the
- operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Cancellation Policy for Air Ticket depends on the Airlines policy
Terms & Conditions :
- Kindly note hotels are not equipped to provide Indian items in their breakfast and they would try the same.
- In case any guest requires Indian Items during the breakfast there would be additional charges applicable.
- Strictly NO Refund for any un-utilized services once booking is confirmed.
- The above quote is strictly subject to availability of rooms at the time of booking.
- The quote is strictly applicable as mentioned above and changes will attract a deviation in the costs.
- This is only a quotation. We are not blocked/booked/holding any rooms/ restaurants and will be subject to availability at the time of booking, so rate can not be guaranteed with a late confirmation.
- In case there is an increase or decrease in the number of pax there would be a change in the costs.
- Remittance charges of USD 30 would be applicable per transaction.
- ROE would be charged as per the prevailing ROE on the day of making payments.
- Supplement cost will require for arrival/departure transfer between 2200 hrs. - 0700 hrs.(Odd Hours of the Day)
- We strongly recommend to all our travellers to purchase the Overseas Travel Insurance Policy on their own before travel.
- This would help and protect from incurring any loss of personal belongings or in case of any personal illness on tour or any kind of accident.
- In case the Group is travelling with more than normal luggage then additional charges will apply for extra Van
- All water activities , adventure activities are subject to weather conditions
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -
- Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- GST of 5.00 % will be charged on the Total Invoice, if you make the payment in India.
- Its mandatory that we should receive guest’s Pan Card & Passport Copy for further booking process.
- The travel company reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer anytime at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
About the tour :
Travelling to Bhutan is like travelling back in time. The untouched natural environment and old-worldly way of life is so peaceful that it will leave one with memories of a lifetime. The peaceful surroundings make for a perfect backdrop for exploring this country at a relaxed pace in a 12 days’ period. Since this country is exceptionally rich in nature and culture, it’s only fair that we give it more than a mere glance.
Our tour starts from Bagdogra in West Bengal and we conclude in Guwahati, Assam. We take the route along Bhutan’s west-east highway which is as challenging as it is thrilling. We come by new passes every day which are over 3000 meters high. The entire road trip is dotted with winding roads that go up and down thousands of feet, keeping one interested, excited and on high adrenaline all the time.
MOTORBIKE EXPEDITION TO BHUTAN (2017)
Choose between the comfort of a SUV Or the thrill of a Motorbike ride
Bhutan is known for essentially undisturbed ecology and traditional ways of life.
The serene atmosphere is a perfect setting for such gentle and understated exploration.
Our motorbiking tours will bring you to appreciate the country’s natural beauty and cultural wealth.
Our trips provide a sense of being transported back in history.
The route along Bhutan’s west-east highway (approx.700 kms) is an exciting route with challenges of battling a new pass over 3000 meters almost every day.
The highways wind up and down with drops of thousands of feet, keeping one high on adrenaline & not able to feel the slightest pinch of monotony.
Our Signature motorbike tour is specially designed for people who want to see the beauty of Bhutan at a relaxed pace over a period of ten (10) days.
This is the most well researched itinerary that we have chosen through our several trips to Bhutan over the last 2+ years, but we don’t mind changing or tweaking it a bit at your convenience if needed.
We start the tour from Bagdogra, West Bengal and end in Guwahati, Assam.
You can either fly into Bagdogra from most cities of India or take a train till New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal.
You may choose to go on our fixed departure tour starting 1st week APRIL or Mid SEPT 2017 if you are an individual.
However, if you are group of eight (8) or more friends then we can do a custom tailor made tour for you as well, the dates for which can be at your convenience.
You have the option of flying out (at your own cost) of Guwahati to your home city.
Alternatively, you may take a train out of Guwahati (at your own cost) to your home city as well.
We can help you in arranging a reliable logistics services company (GATI KWE) to pick up your motorbike from anywhere in India and delivering it to your doorstep safely.
If you want a motorbike on rent from Delhi then please inform us separately, we will help you in arranging a good quality reliable motorbike from one of our trusted vendors.
If you have your own motorbike then it’s recommended to courier it to Bagdogra (address will be provided) using the logistics services company (GATI KWE), they take about 10 – 12 days to ship to Bagdogra from almost anywhere in India.
Spring: Late March-May
Autumn: Late Sep.-Nov
September, October & November are usually the most popular times to visit with generally clear, mildweather, excellent scenery, lower rainfall and a range of festivals called Tshechus and Dromchoes.
Things to carry :
- Flight tickets , Valid Passport ( At Least 6 months validity on last day of tour) , Visa , Photos , Travel Insurance Documents , Double vaccination certificate etc.
- Currency of country you are travelling to
- Required Medicines with Doctor's Prescription
- Few Skin Care Products like sunscreen, moisturizer, lip balm
- Goggles , Umbrella , swimsuit , thermals or woollens as per requirement of location
- Good quality foot wear (Shoes , flip flop , beach slippers etc.) as per requirement of location
- International calling SIM Card
- Travel Adapter for charging your electronic gadgets, Power Bank
- Small First Aid Kit (No Scissors, blades or sharp objects allowed in flight )
- Extra Pairs of Inner Wear and Empty Travelling Bags
- Few Packed Indian Snacks, Pickles , Chutney etc.