Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu.
Arrive at Kathmandu airport as per your schedule. You will be received by our tour representative at the airport and we will transfer you to your hotel where other yatris are planned and scheduled for the accommodation . Check inn at your room and relax for some time after hectic flight / land arrangements . In the evening, we will have short briefing program about the Kailash overland yatra where our Office Executive will be sharing the complete information about the formalities and Here all the yatris and accompanying group leader & team will be introduced to each other followed by the Dinner and night stay in the hotel.(We would handover duffle bag and down jackets)
Day 2 : KATHMANDU SIGHTSEEING TOUR, THEN FLY TO NEPALGUNJ.
Morning after breakfast, you will set off for sightseeing tour. You will visit Pashupatinath temple (the most sacred temple of Hindus), Mata Guheswori temple &Budhanilkantha temple (SheshShaiya Vishnu, also known as sleeping Vishnu).
After finishing the tour, you will return to the hotel. Lunch will be served between 12 noon to 1 p.m. After lunch, you will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight to Nepalgunj. Nepalgunj, situated south-west from Kathmandu, is the gateway to far Western mountain regions of Nepal. The duration of flight is about an hour. Our representative will meet you at Nepalgunj airport then transfer to hotel. Evening, you will have leisure time on your own.
- Overnight hotel Sneha Sunny Surkhet Hotel /Siddhartha Hotel
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight: 1 hour.
Day 3 : FLY NEPALGUNJ TO SIMIKOT.
Early morning, at 5.00 a.m., transfer to Nepalgunj airport for your flight to Simikot. The flight between Nepalgunj and Simikot takes about an hour. The air route to Simikot passes over the remote mountain region of Nepal where whether often gets cloudy and notorious. Generally, the weather in the mountain area, in the morning, is calm and clear. This is the reason why we should fly to Simikot early morning.
Simikot is situated at an altitude of 2910 m., this is an ideal place to make a night halt for acclimatization motive. Simikot has a STOL airport (Short Take Off and Landing) where only small aircraft can go. The aircraft, we fly from Nepalgunj, can carry only 15 people at a time.
We stay overnight in Simikot for acclimatization.
- Overnight Sunvalley Resort or Nepal Trust Guesthouse (dormitory room & common bath room).
- Nepalgunj to Simikot flight: 1 hour.
- Aircraft type: Dronier or Twin otter
- Carrying capacity: Only 16 people at a time.
- Elevation of Simikot: 2910 m/9545 fts.
- Expected temperature: day time:- 18 to 25 degree Celsius, night time:- 4 to -2 degree Celsius.
- Climatic condition: Generally cloudy & rainy
-Overnight hotel:- Hotel on twin/tripple share
Day 4 : SIMIKOT - HILSA - TAKLAKOT
Early morning, after breakfast, you will pack up our baggage then trek down to the airport and board on the helicopter. The helicopter flight from Simikot to Hilsa takes about 25 minutes (one way) only. The flight route passes through deep Karnali River-gorge and narrow remote valleys, where weather normally turns windy & cloudy from late morning onward. So, we try to operate more shuttle flights early in the morning and bring all group members to Hilsa.
We operate Euro copter (B3) that can carry only 5 persons + 10 kg luggage at a time. Since, helicopter has limited capacity to carry, we request you not to carry any unnecessary stuff. We use two helicopters at a time, so we can airlift our group members to Hilsa as soon as possible.
After all group members shifted to Hilsa by helicopter, you will cross the border then drive to Taklakot (Purang). As per the visa rule of the Chinese government, all group members should enter together and exit together. So, until and unless all members do not come to Hilsa, no one can cross the border.
The drive from Hilsa to Taklakot takes about 45 minutes. The driving distance is about 27 k.m.
- Simikot to Hilsa: by helicopter
- Flight duration: 25 minutes
- Carrying capacity: 5 persons + 10 kg baggage each.
- Hilsa to Chinese immigration (Sher): only 10 minutes walk.
- Sher to Taklakot: 27 km, 45 minutes drive by Bus.
- Elevation of Taklakot: 4025 m./13202 fts.
- Expected temperature: day time:- 22 to 28 degree Celsius/night time:- up to -3 degree Celsius.
- General climatic condition: mild windy
Day 5 : TAKLAKOT TO LAKE MANSAROVAR ( 4560 m) 90 km / 1.5 hrs Drive.
As usual, after having morning meal, we pack our belongings, then board on the vehicle and be ready to move towards Lake manasarovar. Right from the begining, the highway commences making gradual ascend. The road still keeps ascending up to the high pass, that lies before Rakshaslake. The lake 'Rakshas' represents the devil force. This is where Ravana, 'the mighty King of Lanka', had performed a penance to lord Shiva for 5000 years. We will take a brief halt at the shore of lakeRakshash, soak in views and take pictures; then continue our journey towards lake manasarovar.
We check in to the Guesthouse of lake manasarovar (Chiugompa) then walk to the lakeshore for having sacred dip and performing pooja. After pooja, we will have afternoon meal; board on the vehicle then set off for circumambulation around the lake. The entire circumference of the lake is presumably 102 km, and it demands a minimum two hours to accomplish this part of the journey.
- Overnight guesthouse.
- Taklakot to Lake Manasarovar: 102 km, one & half hour.
- Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m./14,925 fts
- Expected temperature: day time:- 22 to 32 degree Celsius; night time:- -3 to -4 degree.
- Climatic condition: windy.
-Overnight hotel:.Lake Side Lodge
Day 6 : DRIVE FROM MANASAROVAR TO YAMA DWARA - THEN TREK TO DERAPHUK
Today is the highlighted day of our journey. The most exciting part, sacred circumambulation around Kailash, commences today from Yama Dwara. Morning, after breakfast, we depart from lake strand to Yama Dwara (also called 'Tarboche' in Tibetan) that demands approximately one & half hour to reach there. We should make a brief halt in Darchen because some travel documents obtained from local Police and Army officials as well as we have to make group entry in the region. From Darchen, it is another half an hour to reach Yama Dwara. Our Yaks, porters and horses are waiting here for us. Those who are making circumambulation around Kailash on feet can instantly proceed for Deraphuk; rest of members can commence their journey after taking their horse/s and porter/s. The Total walk to Deraphuk is for 5-6 hours but the timing depends on your own pace. The route is quite easy, flat but mild ascend. Due to its extreme elevation, we feel tired while walking and need to have break very frequently.
- Overnight at Shisapanga Guesthouse.
- Lake manasarovar to Yama Dwara: 45 km, 1 & half hour drive.
- Yama Dwar - Dhriraphuk (10 km): 5 - 6 hour trek.
- Elevation of Dhriraphuk: 4920 m./16,138 fts
- Expected temperature: day time:-12 to 18 degree Celsius/night time: -5 to -8 degree.
- Average climatic condition: windy and partly cloudy & rainy.
- Overnight Mudhouse: Mud House on the way of Parikrama
Day 7 : DERAPHUK TO ZUTULPHUK
Today you have to cross a significant distance through the rugged portion of the trail around the mount Kailash before reaching Zutulpahuk. You have to commence your journey from Deraphuk very early in the morning. Right from the initial moment, the trail commences leading you rapidly up, however in between it turns into flat with gentle ascend. Up to Dolma-La (5600 m.), the path keeps you taking up & up. Dolma La is the highest bit of this journey. From here onward, the trail leads you all the way down to the valley floor. This particular portion of the trek is a rapid incline and the track is full of boulders and screes, so one should pay continue attention while trekking down. While descending from Dolma La, we will pass alongside a small glacial pool, which is almost frozen during May through September. This is Gaurikunda. The legend of this pool is connected with Mata Parvati, the consorts of lord Shiva.
Once we make descend journey to the valley floor, the trail becomes flat & easy. The trail is easy and flat up to the Zutulphuk.
- Overnight Norpel Guesthouse or Monastery guesthouse (Mud house) - dormitory.
- Dhiraphuk to Zutulphuk: 21 km (8 - 9 hours trek).
- The highest point to cross over: Dolama La pass (5600 m./18,368 fts)
- Elevation of Zutulphuk: 4820 m./15,810 fts.
- Expected temperature: 14 to 22 degree Celsius/ night time: -3 to -5 degree.
- Average climatic condition: windy
- Overnight Mudhouse: Mud House on the way of Parikrama
Day 8 : ZUTULPHUK TO HILSA
Undoubtedly, today is the most hectic day of your journey. You, yet to go for another 08 km walk to accomplish the circumambulation; then drive all the way to Hilsa. As usual after morning meals, you will pack up your belongings then be ready to move on to Darchen. It requires presumably 3 hours to reach the other end of the trail where our vehicle is waiting to fetch you up. After getting-together of all members, you will board on vehicle and proceed for Taklakot.
It takes presumably 2 hours to reach Taklakot, where you have to go through the immigration formalities. From Taklakot, a military person will accompany the group to escort towards Hilsa. After having luggage checked and going through some formalities again in the boarder, you will cross over the suspension bridge of Karnali river, then enter into the territory of Nepal. The drive from Taklakot to Hilsa (boarder) takes about 45 minutes.
- Zutulphuk to trek ending point: 08 km, 3 hours.
- Trek ending point to Taklakot: 105 km, 2 hours.
- Taklakot to Hilsa boarder: 27 km, 45 minutes.
- Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 3700 m./12,136 fts
- Expected temperature: day time:- 22 to 32 degree Celsius/night time:- -3 to -4 degree.
- Average climatic condition: windy & dry
- Taklakot : Hotel with Toilets facility
Day 9 : HILSA - SIMIKOT, THEN FLIGHT BACK TO KATHMANDU VIA NEPALGUNJ
Early morning fly to Simikot by Helicopter then continue fly to Nepalgunj. From Nepalgunj, we catch connecting flight to Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu : farewell party for successful parikama for the yatries .
Day 10 : (Final Day)
It is time to say Good bye!!! You will be transferred to Tribhuvan International airport for your flight back home. As per the international flight regulation; your presence at the airport check in counter should be three hours prior to the departure time. We will arrange vehicle accordingly!!!
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories!!!
- Airports pick up and drop services.
- Double sharing full board basis 4 star hotel in Kathmandu, as per itinerary
- A visit to Baudha Stupa .
- Scheduled flight Kathmandu – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
- Scheduled flight Nepalgunj – Simikot – Nepalgunj
- Charter helicopter flight share by 5-6 person Simikot – Hilsa - Simikot
- Double sharing hotel in Nepalgunj and 3or 4pax in Simikot and Tibet all places with meals
- Transport by Tourist Bus upto Mansarovar and Eco Buses from Masarovar to Darchen nd Yamdwar as per group sizes /Truck for Luggage.
- Nepali Team Leader and Supporting Sherpa Team and Medical Insurance of staffs.
- English speaking Tibetan guide, Chinese visa fee of Client and staff.
- Meals during the trip and Guesthouses and camping charges in Tibet.
- Duffel Bag ( a large bag to keep the yatris luggage for the trip) Gore-Tex Jacket (returnable after trip).
- All camping and cooking equipment .
- Yak for Kailash parikrama luggage only and All entrance and conservation fee of Tibet.
- Upper Humla permit fee for client and Helicopter landing.
- Gamow bag oxygen and oxy- meter for safety
- All beverages during trip and in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Simikot.
- Extra rooms bills due to flight delayes due to weather conditions.
- Stick and a water bottle.
- Insurance of clients and evacuation cost.
- Personal horse riding charges during Kailash Parikrama
- Domestic excess baggage charges and airport taxes.
- Tips for supporting staff
For Departure Dates just call 7350530009 / 7350540009 / 7350550009
Risk and Liabilities:
We will endeavor to make your journey smooth and pleasant as possible. However the entire program in Tibet is conducted strictly under the rules and regulations of China Tibet Tourism Bureau, Peoples Army and Foreign Affair. Therefore, NTP TA Ltd. & its related organizations will not be responsible for any changes in the itineraries due to unavoidable circumstances such as Government restriction, land slide, road blockage, flood, snow, and Political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, Delay due to shortage of Land Cruiser Jeep in Tibet, sickness or Accident. Any extra cost including there shall be borne by traveler themselves.
Minimum 6 months valid passport and two copies of pp size photograph. A normal health certificate from your personal doctor to those are 50 years and above by age.
This is not a trek or expedition but a tour; therefore no specific level of fitness is required. Anybody can join this Yatra if they think themselves fit and have strong willpower. People suffering from cardiac or respiratory problems should consult to their doctor. Morning and evening walks, jogging, stretching, meditation and regular exercise make the journey comfortable for all.
As the temperature varies greatly between day and night (from max. 20 degrees Celsius to min. -16 degrees Celsius) one should prepare accordingly.
Bring the following items with you:
Woolen gloves, Balaclava, Sun hat, Thermal wear, Water bottle, Woolen socks, Towel, Light Jacket, Sunglasses, Sun cream, Torch with extra batteries/bulbs, Muffler, Mask, Raincoat, Sweater, Shirt/T-shirt & Trekking shoes
Full travel insurance coverage for medicine, Helicopter evacuation if in case of emergency, lost of belongs, and trip cancellation is strongly recommended
Minimum 30 days advance booking is required to arrange visa approval and Travel permit issue. We need 50% advance of tour payment by bank while booking trip.
Chinese visa application:
1 week before original passport and 2 pp sizes photo should reach our office in Kathmandu for visa process.
Illegal: Any material related To Dalai lama is restricted .
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
Mount Kailash Manasarovar Helicopter Tour is the best
and easiest way to travel Mount Kailash and Manasarovar Lake. This type
of tour is appropriate for the persons who don’t have sufficient time to
travel. In this tour you can explore the real beauty of the nature.
Mount Kailash Manasarovar tour via helicopter, at first you will arrive in Kathmandu and gone out for Kathmandu Sightseeing like Pashupatinath, Bouddhanath, Swayambunath and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Next day you will drive to airport and fly for Simikot via helicopter. And you will Land on Simikot and start trekking from Sher Border of Tibet Simikot and via Manasarovar Lake and Mount Kailash Parikrama is done along with performing religious tradition. And fly back to Kathmandu via helicopter. The best seasons for Mount Kailash Manasarovar Helicopter Tour are between April to October.