Day 1 - Kochi – Munnar (140km, 4 hours by road)
Arrive at Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery or Ernakulam Railway Station. Transfer assistance to Munnar. Located 1,600 meters above sea level, this place is rightly known as The Southern Kashmir of Kerala, for its ubiquitous and unending tea plantations, winding roads, colonial bunglows, those unexpected rivulets, luscious waterfalls, and crisp mountain air.
A 4-hour drive from the state’s busiest international airport or a typical Indian suburban railway station takes you to an unimagined canvas marked by these nature charmlets. The picturesque drive has a few stop overs setting the tone for this quick getaway. Get engulfed in the natural aromas of spice plantations so freely spread, adding to the overall scenic backdrop. Continue the drive up mountainous motorable roads to reach Valara waterfalls, 42km from Munnar. Once you reach the destination check-in. You do have the remainder of the day for leisurely walks, sip on hot chaiya from local tea shops or chaiya kadaa, munch on fresh local snacks as you grasp more of nature’s wonderwork.
Day 2 - Munnar sight seeing
Wake up to find nature all around you. After a hearty breakfast, be prepared to soak in Mother Earth at its best! If you are one for long-walks this is where you ought to be. At Tata Tea Museum, get acquainted with the transformation story of Munnar into a major plantation region of Kerala. Another place of interest on the itinerary is Mattupetty Dam and Lake (13km). Enjoy a boat ride in the placid lake waters as you take pleasure in observing the surrounding hills. Discover a specialized dairy farm run by the Indo-Swiss Livestock Project that rears high yielding breeds of cows.
Munnar’s best known secret is the Eravikulam National Park (13km). A major attraction here is its endangered inhabitant - the Nilgiri Tahr. As you chug along the lanes exploring the mountainous terrains check out other hideouts like Echo Point Situated 15km from Munnar, this scenic spot is a good adventurous destination. Photo Point 2km from Munnar, as the name spells Photo Point is a small place filled with woods and a small stream. Spice & tea trails Hours can roll by in a moment while you stroll through this well-maintained, unending expanse of tea and spice plantations. Breathe fresh cool air, filled with aroma of spices. Meet friendly tea pluckers. Loose yourself in this green drama.
Day 3 - Munnar – Kochi (140km, 4 hours by road)
Bid aideu to nature’s basket which stirs in just the right amount of mountains, plantations, waterfalls, and fine high hill air as you begin your journey back to the plains of Kochi. Take back a bountiful of memories to last you for a while! Transfer to Kochi Airport or Ernakulam Railway Station.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Parking and Toll tax
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by private car
- Transfer & sightseeing by A/c Vehicle Depending on number of pax.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis
- (depending on the availability )
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
About The Place:
2N/3D : Kochi – Munnar – Kochi
What will you do: Sightseeing, Plantation Walk
What will you see: Colonial Architecture, Winding Roads, Tea and Spice plantations, Eravikulam National Park, Waterfalls
Munnar meaning three rivers is the famed hill station in Kerala formed by the confluence of three streams - Muthirapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala. Of the myriad landforms that this small South Indian state offers to travellers, this place is diverse in its own right. A romantic locale, a trekker’s paradise, a wildlife enthusiast’s dream or simply a quick getaway, this charming destination fulfils any need. Endless hills line up with scenic views, deep valleys, innumerable streams ending as thick waterfalls, and tea and spice plantations are a treat to the eye. Situated on the Kannan Devan Hills, Munnar provides travellers a mesmerising holiday!
- September - ( Offseason )
- March to October - ( Peak Season )
- December to March - ( Mid Peak season )
- Indian Rupee
- Hindi / English
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription