Day 1 - Experience Kochi
On arrival at the Kochi International Airport, you will be received and transferred to a hotel at Fort Kochi. Set on a cluster of islands and narrow peninsulas, Kochi is a city of cultural diversity. After checking and fitting out our bikes, we can spend the rest of the day exploring Fort Cochin, visiting the synagogue and the Dutch palace, buying a few nick-knacks at the Jew street and spending the evening at the Chinese fishing nets at the harbour mouth.
Day 2 - Experience Thattekkad
From Kochi we commence our ride and head for Thattekkad. The route passes through spices, rubber, and coconut plantations. By noon, we will reach the Thattekkad, located on the banks of the river Periyar. With over 275 species in such a small area, most of them endemics, Thattekkad offers a rare view into the world of birding in Kerala. This place is an ideal and quiet retreat into nature.
Day 3 - Experience Thodupuzha
From Thattekkad we will cycle along the banks of the Periyar River and head to Thodupuzha – a picturesque little town. Our ride takes us through winding roads running through scores of spice farms and rubber plantations. Our destination today is Dewalokam – an exceptionally beautiful farm on the banks of Kannadipuzha in the lower ranges of the Western Ghats. Here we can take a walk around the spice garden with nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper vines. We will also go walking through the herbal gardens, rubber plantations, the forests across the river rounding it off with a visit to the local village.
Day 4 - Experience Alleppey
We will drive to Alleppey and commence our kayaking from near the coastal town of Alleppey & paddle through the famed backwaters – exploring the lagoons and the lakes. The vast expanse of water, the friendly people, and their life styles from up close is bound to mesmerize you. We will settle into the Akkarakalam backwater Villa – a small cozy family owned resort in the midst of the backwaters!
Day 5 - Depart for Kochi
Departure Alleppey to Kochi.
Trip Ends With Sweet Memories !!!
- Parking and Toll tax
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by private car
- Transfer & sightseeing by A/c Vehicle Depending on number of pax.
- Accommodation at the mentioned hotels or similar on twin sharing basis
- (depending on the availability )
- Booking Fee
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 20 days before departure: 100%
- Cancellation charges per person
- 30 or more days before departure: 50%
- Between 29 to 1 days before departure: 100%
Terms & Conditions
- Per person rates (in Rs) - applicable on two persons staying together sharing the same room
- Entrance charges anywhere are not included
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast, MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP -Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends (Independece Day and Janmashtami)
- Namoh Retails (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
About the Activity:
Kayak through canals surrounded by paddy fields and coconut groves
Experience village lives that revolves around these backwaters
Cycle through villages and country sides.
Experience rural India at its best.
- September - ( Offseason )
- March to October - ( Peak Season )
- December to March - ( Mid Peak season )
- Indian Rupee
- Hindi / English
Things To carry
For Adults - Photo identification in the form of Pan Card /Passport / Voter ID / Driving License
For students - Carry original as well as 2 photocopies of school or college Photo Identity card
For Infants - Carry 2 passport sized photographs
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG
Mobile phone with appropriate sim card
Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries carry sun screen lotion, hand sanitizer, sun glasses, cap, sports shoes, umbrella / windcheater, camera etc. and woollens if needed
If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of the medicines with prescription